History

Stanley Bitel started in the spring business in 1954. He began Rowley Spring in his garage with only a spring grinder, two coilers, four torsion machines, and a dozen bench presses. Within a year, he moved his business to Federal Street in Bristol, CT. In 1960, he purchased the former Bristol Technical High School on Riverside Avenue. Then, in the early 90’s, the company was looking to relocate again, having outgrown its present location on Riverside. In 1994, the corporation purchased a 150,000 square foot facility on Redstone Hill Road, in Bristol, CT.

From there on, the sky was the limit. Rowley Spring & Stamping Corp. has grown from a small manufacturer with 13 employees and only a dozen customers to about 100 employees and over 700 customers. Our springs and stamping products are used in hundreds of applications and are shipped all over the world. The technology of the industry has changed, but the demands of our customers have not; Rowley Spring has not disappointed since 1954.

Today, through the philosophy of Teamwork, Lean Manufacturing, and the efforts of our employees, Rowley Spring & Stamping Corp. has gained World Class Status as a Certified ISO 9001:2008 Manufacturer as well as having an AS9100 certification.