Every year we like to take a look at how we did for that year and some new goals for the upcoming year. We don’t want to just achieve sustainability; we want growth and innovation to be the cornerstone of the company. 2013 was surely a year of change and a new outlook for Rowley. We hired a bunch of new people including a new president of the company, John Dellalana (see blog post about Rowley’s new president: http://www.rowleyspring.com/blog/wp-admin/post.php?post=17&action=edit). We also created some new departments, made a ton of adjustments on the manufacturing floor, cleaned up, stepped up our efforts on LEAN, added new machines, threw out old ones, plus tons of other changes (you can take a look at some improvements here: http://youtu.be/IDtwpCmg-N0 ). With all that in mind, we still want to continue into 2014 with the same mentality of continuous improvement throughout the entire company.
Here’s a list of some of our New Year’s Resolutions:
- Continue cutting out waste. We want to make sure all our processes are efficient in all regards; material use, waste, money, and time.
- Innovation. We want to further improve our business with using the most up-to-date technology and insure top quality in the industry.
- Keep Clean. Along the idea of minimizing waste, we want to insure that all aspects of the company are clean and organized.
- Continue LEAN. Here at Rowley we take LEAN serious and continue to look at all aspects to insure we are a LEAN organization.
- Try something new. We never dismiss a new idea here and encourage all employees and customers to speak their mind about changes that they would like to see.
- Growth. Given our newest demographics over the past year, we are in the best position to see growth in the year 2014. Concentration on increased customer relations and new customer development is a key focus this year. A growing company with a mission and integrity become ideal business partners.
We know the path to success is a long road but in the end we are always proud of how far we come and how hard we work to make sure our customers are satisfied. We hope 2014 brings a promising future to all and lets all try to work together toward a greener future with less waste, higher quality, and an open mind.